- Company Name:
- Membership:Free Member
- Registration Date:2016. 05.10
- Contact:Shelley Qian
- Related Keywords:5% Lomefloxacin Injection,Antibiotics Antiviral Preparations,veterinary medicine
Shanghai Tongren Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
PHARMACOLOGY : Lomefloxacin is a broad spectrum fluoroquinolone antibacterial. It is active against most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, like E.coli, Salmonella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella, Proteus, Shigella, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Bacillus anthracis, Corynebacterium and etc. It is also active against most anaerobic bacteria, Mycobacteria, Mycoplasmas, Rickettsias, and the Protozoan Plasmodium falciparum.
Lomefloxacin is bactericidal. The plasma concentrations for bactericidal and bacteriostatic effects are either the same or 2 to 4 times higher in bactericidal concentration. The antibacterial effect is not inhibited by the population of the pathogens or the presence of serum. However, urine with PH less than 5 or the increased level of Magnesium ions will adversely affect the antibacterial activities. There is no incompatibility with beta-lactam antibiotics and aminoglycosides.
(1) Lomefloxacin can be inhibited by chemicals or feed additives with cations (Al3+、Mg2+、Ca2+、Fe2+、Zn2+). It may result in lower plasma concentration and thus leading to reduced antibacterial activities.
(2) Lomefloxacin will also decrease the clearance of Theophylline and Caffeine and this will increase the serum level of the 2 chemicals.
(3) Rifampicin, Chloramphenicol，Thiamphenicol and Florfenicol may have antagonistic effects with Lomefloxacin.
(4) Probenecid will reduce the urinary secretion of Lomefloxacin. The plasma concentration is not necessarily increased.
INDICATIONS : As an antibacterial and used mainly for bacterial infections in animals. It is especially indicated for use in treating respiratory diseases, gastro-intestinal and urinary-tract infections.
ADMINISTARTION AND DOSAGE : Use Intra-muscular injection as the preferred administration for Lomesyn. Dosage: 0.05ml to 0.1ml per kg body weight or 0.5ml to 1ml per 10kg body weight and twice a day.
ADVERSE EFFECTS : Prolonged usage or overdose could cause the following adverse effects：
1. Reversible arthralgia as well as joint erosions in immature animals.
2. Central Nervous System Toxicity: epileptic convulsions, acute psychosis and extreme irritability in small animals.
3. For animals with impaired renal function, there is a risk to develop crystalluria.
1. Avoid concurrent intake of preparations with Theophylline and Magnesium.
2. After treatment, animals should avoid direct exposure to sunlight to avoid phototoxicity.
WITHDRAWAL : 28 days，Milk for human consumption: 7 days.
Business Registry Number: 120-86-03931